Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Prayers do get answered

The friend that I drove out to California with has been through more than any person should in one lifetime. I've been praying for her for most of the summer. She is a one of the nicest people I know and I couldn't understand why life was giving her such a cold shoulder. She went with her faith in God and made a move to a town she had never been to with her 4 children. Some people thought she was being foolish but I've never seen a situation where everything was more right. She has found a home here in California. She has been happy since she got here. Everything has just "fallen into place". The job, her house, everything. I put out some requests to friends in the bay area for equipment to help put together a lab for her students and everything needed has been volunteered. The first day we were at a coffee shop and the person sitting next to me turned out to be a special ed teacher in the same school district. He seemed to be really dedicated to special education. As I listened to them talk I realized that both of them really are passionate about special education. I can't explain the joy I have in my heart seeing her finally happy and feeling at home. I feel privileged to have played some small part in her finding her happiness. When I leave to come home I'll have no worries about her because I know shes found her home.
Good luck, my friend, in your new life, you have truly been blessed.

No comments: